Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."


I should start this blog by telling you that I love football. So baseball is a rather new idea for me, but I must admit that the sport is growing on me.

During this week in the Elgin BVS House we attended (and played in) two church league softball games, which I know we have talked about before in our blogs. And we also attended a Cubs Game at Wrigley Field. Going to a cubs game seems to happen at least once a year in the house, and it is a pretty great tradition. Throughout this blog I hope to present my new knowledge about the sport. I hope that you enjoy.

The Highlanders, this is the church league team.


On this team we have the pitcher, DON!!


On first base we have JEREMY!!



On third base we have CLARA!!

  
Now if you are keeping track that leaves one housemate out, that's ME! Carol! I don't really like softball so I decided to be one of the cheerleaders / Baby Sitter.


And for the most recent game, we had an extra house member, meet flat stanley who also went the game with us.

Here are some other fun pictures of our team.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Cubs Game.


I remembered without Clara telling me that Soriano plays left field and Castro is the shortstop.
The shortstop is the person between second and third base.
DH is a designated hitter, who doesn't play in the field.

1 comment: