Sunday, January 19, 2014

BVS House in Elgin Growing, Shrinking

Hey, everybody! My name is Lucas, and this week I am wrapping up three weeks of staying at the BVS house here in Elgin, IL. I am almost finished with an internship in the news services office for the Church of the Brethren, which will count towards my Journalism minor at Manchester. (I will be graduating in May, with a Bachelor's degree in Communication Studies).

As I am leaving this week, we had a new house mate come in on Saturday, January 18th. Ben Bear will be a BVSer working in the BVS office. He will be here for about one year. (Fun fact: coming here to Elgin means that he has made to all three BVS community homes)! We decided to have a "Brunch with Ben" lunch on Saturday when he arrived, and had pancakes, eggs, and potatoes! It was delicious. There were a lot of the toppings to go along with the pancakes.

What does the future hold for me? I am not really sure after graduation. BVS could eventually be down my road. I have told people that I have narrowed my choice of placements down to six, if I did want to join BVS for any amount of time.

A few things that I do know: living with BVSers is fun (minus the not having any television to keep up with NFL playoffs). And, I would love to eat more meat than I am currently eating (if I did join BVS).

Until next time,
Lucas Kauffman

No comments:

Post a Comment