Sunday, December 15, 2013

Introductions

Even though I have lived in the house since mid-August I unfortunately have not introduced myself yet. My name is Jenna Stacy and I am a member of Unit 303 in BVS. I grew up in Campobello, South Carolina and I am a member of Melvin Hill Church of the Brethren which is actually in Columbus, North Carolina. My house is only about five miles from the state line. So I split my time between North and South Carolina as I was growing up. You could simply say I am from the Carolinas.
To continue with my Brethren upbringing, after high school I chose to go to Bridgewater College in Bridgewater, Virginia. Looking back on my time in college I know that attending Bridgewater was a part of God’s will. It was everything I expected college to be and more. I genuinely loved my time I spent there. I graduated from Bridgewater College this past May with a degree in Philosophy and Religion as well as a Peace Studies minor.

My parents and I at my graduation.

As much as I loved the education that I was receiving, my time in college was much more than just school. I was also a pole vaulter on the track team where my teammates became my family and also my best friends.
The seniors on the Bridgewater 2013 Track Team

I also attended Harrisonburg First Church of the Brethren where I was a junior high advisor for three years. I definitely gained a family through the church as well. My summers were also spent in Virginia. I did a summer of MSS with Noel Naff at Mt. Hermon Church of the Brethren in Bassett, Virginia. Then I spent the past three summers at Camp Bethel in Fincastle, Virginia. Each summer I held a different job. My first summer I was a senior counselor, my second summer I was the craft lady, and this past summer I was a high ropes instructor.
Working on the high ropes tower.


Now I am in BVS. My current position is Assistant Workcamp Coordinator. My work has had me traveling to so many places and I loved every minute of it. I went to Maryland for orientation, Haiti on a site visit for a workcamp next summer, and Indiana for Powerhouse. This position has been so exciting through traveling and all of the work that comes with preparing for workcamps. I am eager to continue learning and preparing for my big summer!

-Jenna Stacy

1 comment:

  1. Jenna! We had the same major and minor! How did I not know this?! Go BC! :)

    ReplyDelete