Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Longest To-Do List


I found this picture/quote on Pinterest, one of my new-old favorite things to do. It got me thinking, though, about how many times I have indeed felt this way. I've started numerous lists of what I would like to do, what I can do to better myself--physically, mentally, spiritually--but I rarely follow through on all or any of the items on my list. I think it's time to start a fresh list that I will actually keep and work on. A short and long-term to-do list. Doing it publically is a way for me to keep myself motivated and going. Even if no one is actually holding me accountable, I will hopefully feel the need to not let anyone down--whoever that "anyone" may be. So here's my list. Give me your honest opinion and hold me accountable if you feel so called!

1. Read at least one news article every morning
2. Work in the garden
3. Keep my indoor plants alive for at least six months
4. Go completely vegetarian for a year
5. Keep my room clean for a whole week
6. Keep up with my personal blog
7. Learn to play the guitar
8. Re-learn to play the bass clarinet and alto saxophone
9. Improve my “social media skills”
10. Read the magazines sitting in my room that I keep saying I’m going to read
11. Eat more fruits and veggies
12. Find my go-to karaoke song
13. Have the courage to sing karaoke
14. Work on my French
15. Write at least 100 pages of original scripted material in a year (or participate in Script Frenzy and actually finish)
16. Write 50,000 words of a novel in a year (or participate in NaNoWriMo and actually finish)
17. Write something each day
18. Work my way through my book list (to come later)
19. Go on a silent retreat
20. Look into schools and finally decide what I want to do
21. Start a book of inspirational quotes I find
22. Bake from scratch more often
23. Work out at least three times a week (i.e. Zumba, yoga, the track, or even just a walk or 30min of Just Dance)
24. Start saving some money (even a few dollars) from each check
25. Work my way through AFI’s 100 Years 100 Movies
26. Learn organic farming
27. Hike the Appalachian Trail
28. Go on a cruise
29. Run a 5K
30. Ride in a hot air balloon
31. Live in another country (preferably France, England, Ireland, or Canada)
32. Go fishing
33. Go sailing
34. Travel:
        a. Ireland
        b. Greece
        c. Versailles
        d. West Coast
35. Go on a date
36. Go on a picnic with a red & white checkered blanket and a picnic basket that would make Yogi Bear proud
37. Drive “The Dude” (the van)
38. Camp out under the stars with my housemates
39. Go to a drive-in movie
40. Have a campfire
41. Write to my penpal
42. Call my mom every week
43. Be in times square on New Year’s Eve
44. Make Chelkey youtube videos
45. Make my Williamsburg Family Vacation scrapbook
46. Send birthday cards
47. Grow my hair long again
48. Own my own café
49. Go to Starved Rock (Illinois)
50. Make my own peanut butter at Fischer’s

Love,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. love! I can't wait to do some of this with you =)

    <3 Cat

    ReplyDelete