Monday, October 25, 2010

mobile, agile, hostile

elgin bvs blog number 1 :) We are beginning an intentional community BVS house in Elgin. We will combine money, shop, eat, have devotions and overall just be, together. We are also attending Highland Avenue Church of the Brethren and becoming an active part of that family.

I'm new to this who blogging thing, so here's a go at it!

I'm hearing cows outside the bvs house... but alas, there are no cows. I'm trying to convince the other house members that we should get at least one calf for the back yard, but they aren't currently going for it. I also tried to get them to drop me off in a cow field in Wyoming on our incredible (but quick) drive back from BVS orientation in Oregon. Although we did get to visit Yellowstone, Big Horn National Park, and Mt Rushmore, we only got to breeze by the cattle of the west. We had a grand trip to Oregon and are getting re-settled into our lovely community home.

Yay for halloween! We dressed for our first party as Morticia, Pugsley, and Wednesday... and of course we had Thing with us! We are planning our BVS attic party for this coming week... we have costumes, food, and decorations... but we have yet to send out invitations, so I reckon we'll see how this goes. If you're reading this you are welcome to join us on Sunday, October 31 at 6:00 pm.

Following Ben's spaghetti supper, we are currently eating mellowcreme pumpkins and  watching the best movie of all time. a few quotes... can you guess the movie? "I'm not an answer to your prayers, not a savior, Jesus Christ, Martin Luther King, or the Easter bunny. I'm just a football coach", "That's a momma joke", "Alice, are you blind, can't you see the family resemblance? that's my brother" :) Ben and Carol are snapping and grooving to the music, while Carol and I are trying to refrain from reciting every line. It's a good night to be in BVS.

Blogs to come weekly from here on!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're gonna do just fine with this whole blogging business.

    ReplyDelete